An advocate of better nutritional choice for Filipino families, Welch’s provides a wide range of healthy juice products that are refreshing to the palate and good for the body in the long term.
Stay healthy with 100% grape juice. Drinking 100% grape juice complements whole fruit intake by providing essential nutrients and more.
Here are some of the recipes that you could also try making at home.
Grape Berry Crunch Muffins
- ½ cup low-fat granola
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups Welch’s Frozen Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Coat a muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper cups.
- Place the granola in a heavy-duty plastic bag and crush it lightly with a rolling pin or other heavy object to break up any large clumps. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until blended.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the grape juice, egg, oil, sugar and lemon zest until incorporated. Add this wet mixture to the dry ingredients, blend and stir with a rubber spatula until homogenized. Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups about two-thirds with batter. Sprinkle with the granola and pat it in lightly so that it adheres.
- Cool muffins in wire rack. Serve warm or in room temperature
Grape Salsa with Goat Cheese Crostini
Yield: 20 crostini
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
½ cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice
1 cups seedless grapes, quartered (red, green or a mix)
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1 Tbsp jalapeño, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
½ cup red onions
1 TBSP lime juice
tt salt and pepper
8 oz goat cheese
225 grams cream cheese
¼ cup heavy cream
tt salt and pepper
1 pc baguette
- In a sauce pan, pour in the balsamic vinegar and the WELCH 100% GRAPE JUICE and reduce in half or until coats the back of the spoon. Cool down and set aside.
- In a mixer (using a paddle) or bowl, mix the goat cheese, cream cheese, Heavy cream together until light and fluffy. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, add the quartered grapes, tomatoes, jalapeño, cilantro, red onions, lime juice, and the reduced grape juice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside in a refrigerator.
- Slice the baguette by ¼” and arrange in a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Flip and repeat the process. Bake in a 350 F oven until golden about 5-8 minutes.
- To assemble, spread the goat cheese on the crostini. Add a spoon of grape salsa and garnish with cilantro.
Grape Banana Smoothie
1 small banana, peeled and sliced
1 cup seedless red grapes, washed, stems removed
1 cup Cabot Vanilla Bean Lowfat Greek-Style Yogurt
1 cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice
1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Place banana and grapes in freezer until firmly frozen (in plastic bag if not using soon).
- Combine frozen fruits, yogurt, grape juice and cinnamon in blender and blend until smooth. Divide between 2 large glasses and enjoy cold.